Friday, March 25, 2016

Your Body Is a Temple...Treat it Like One

I think I have always been a lover of all things natural or organic but it wasn't until I began doing my own research into the products that were in my home that I discovered more than I wanted to know about the unnatural things that were invading my home.

And I felt about like this...


I felt like I needed to call gostbusters to come an eradicate the things that were making me and my family sick. My poor children were in and out of the doctor's office on a regular basis. And when Spring and Fall hit...whoah!! Asthma hit us like a freight train and never let go.

After my son was born, I was hit with an autoimmune disease that would come and go. I was told by one doctor that I just needed sleep and to get a better bed. So I did. But my problems came back a few years later. At it's worse, I had another doctor tell me that there was no pill for what I had. Honestly, I didn't want a pill. I wanted to know what I had. And what was going on with my body. What could I avoid when I was having flair ups.

I have discovered many natural solutions for our problems. Natural supplements, essential oils and of course...nutrition.

Let me first say that I LOVE essential oils. I have loved sharing and teaching about the oils. It has given me the freedom to be with my family and discover the things that I love doing. I use my supplements on a regular basis to help me with my 2 hour workouts. And the deep blue rub is always in my workout bag for my occasional aches and pains.

If you have ever wondered how essential oils work let me tell you!!

Each oil has it's own genetic make up that consists of cells. These cells are made up of molecules that have a positive or negative ion attached. Each molecule is able to cross the cell membrane of each 70-100 trillion cells in your body. One...little...drop. AMAZING! It is able to cross the barrier by dropping an ion or picking one up. This is how they know where to go. And our body is receptive to it.

Not only are these oils able to move rapidly through your body, but they are balancing agents. What in the world is a balancing agent, you might ask?


Balance is the key to life. Our bodies thrive on balance. This is why it is so important to eat properly. It does not matter if you drink a pink drink, take or a pill to burn fat, or that meal replacement shake to lose weight...if your body is not balanced, you will not lose weight. It will all come back...think yo yo dieting.

 When we think about a scale, it has two sides. When we look at our bodies, we are the same. In order for our bodies to function, the balance must be even. In nutrition, the scale is nutrition and exercise. And honestly, we are talking about a measly 250 calories to off set our balance. 250 calories is not much...especially when you look at what 250 calories looks like.

from www.foodnetwork.com Eat This or That

Balancing out bodies is not just about diet and exercise. Our bodies have an amazing way of showing us it is out of balance. When I evaluate people for a nutritional weight loss routine, I have been trained to look at where the fat is accumulating. Where it is on your body correlates to how your body copes with stress.

Quick fixes are like band-aids that do not attack the root of the problem. I spend time with my clients to find the limiting factors that are holding them back. You have two choices...dwell in your problem, or find a way to resolve it. Move on.

I use and recommend essential oils to help calm and relax the body. Lavender is an amazing oil and is one step towards releasing and allowing the body to become balanced. Only then, can we focus on losing weight.


There are many stressors in life. Each person has different ways to cope.  During stressful time, what do you do? Do you binge eat, eating those chips in your pantry, or ice cream. Are you board, can't focus at work? During this time, step back...take a deep breath. Open that bottle of lavender, close your eyes and smell the lavender. Think about being in that beautiful lavender field in France. Then ask yourself if it's food that you want or are you trying to cope with some outside environment. Or meditate, do yoga. Pray. Whatever it is that you use to cope...use it.

Your body is a temple. Take care of it.



Have a happy Easter! Until the next blog.

p.s. if you are interested in the essential oils I mentioned, please go to my website Meg's DoTerra Team I would love to work with you on natural solutions for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment